Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nails: Make Mine Mango

I finally got tired of Shrimply Divine after retouching it a couple of times over a week or two. So on a whim I picked up three bottles of Revlon polish on sale for $3 each at a Target. I picked these colors because they were bright, summery and I think they're appropriate enough to wear to work. :)


I also got some polish removing pads, figuring they'd be more convenient than getting a bottle of remover and cotton balls while traveling. I was wrong! These felt pads precoated in acetone remover were AWFUL -- first, because I prefer using non-acetone remover since it's more gentle on my natural nails, and second, and most importantly, they didn't work.


Each pad said it would do ten nails. I barely got through two or three. I held them on each nail for a minute or so and they still didn't work well. The pads dried out very quickly. I ended up going through five of the six packets in the box to do both hands. :( Maybe other people have had better luck with pads like this?

Anyway back to the goods:

Make Mine Mango, Red Hot Tamale and Cherry Berry. I packed these with me and brought them to Maine, where I am currently on the second leg of my trip.

Though orange is my favorite color, it doesn't look particularly good on my skin. But Make Mine Mango has a lot of peach and persimmon undertones that I think make it versatile for a number of complexions, including pale, rosy ones like mine.

I also like that it's tropical yet understated -- not a loud, brash orange, but a soft, gentle, breezy and relaxed color, in my opinion. Something that says "I'm having an effortlessly fun vacation and enjoying sunshine"....which, well, I am!

5 comments:

Tali said...

Love all three colors. Big fan! :)

Unknown said...

Teach your kids this, please, and they'll live their lifetimes FULLA expectation and advent <- the season we're in now (the period BEFORE Christmass):

'The more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague
(<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

trustNjesus, dear,
and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven.
God bless your indelible soul.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If allah youse think about
is your nails, then all God
thinks about is you N how He
wants you to grow-wide N free
in Seventh-Heaven like your nails.

Dont gotta lotta time.
Neither do I on this earth.
trustNjesus...
and live4ever.

God bless your indelible soul.

billyborden423 said...

Thanks for sharing such an insightful post. This post really contains amazing stuff that I never read. Well Done keep posting!