Monday, August 24, 2009

Food + Masks from the Asian Supermarket

I'm staying with my family on Long Island, NY, and took a trip to a local Korean supermarket this afternoon to feed my Asian food craving. The store, H and Y Supermarket, isn't as charmingly sketchy as the Asian groceries I frequent in Maryland, but it was alright. I got two containers of sushi, miso broth, Concord grapes (tart black grapes with seeds, yum), kiwis, a salad and...these good things:


Chapagetti. Strange name, tasty instant noodles. Ever since my Korean friend made some for me in Maryland I keep getting the occasional craving for it.


"Men's" Pocky?? I didn't know biscuits could have a gender! I guess it's more masculine than those Lotte cookies with strawberry koalas on them, but still...these are covered in bitter chocolate and taste very good.


Korean face masks. (My poodle Chestnut felt this would be a good time to hop on my bed and get in the shot, hehe.)

Five of them are made by Dermal, one is made by Tundisi. I've seen other bloggers use them so figured it can't hurt to try one myself. I've highlighted the different varieties below:

I don't know what "charcoal collagen" means...or how my skin will react to any of these...I'll post a review once I try one.

4 comments:

Ahleessa said...

Wow I haven't eaten Chapagetti in ages... lol~ Actually I haven't seen the package. It brings back childhood memories... hehe~

Tell me how the Korean masks are. They look really refreshing! :)

hevn said...

Lol, love your hello kitty bed sheets!! <3

p.s: I've replied you on my blog :D

DluxEdition.com said...

Hehe your dog is cute! :)

Check out my blog too if you want!

Unknown said...

شركة امست لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام