Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boston, Here I Am!

I've spent the last couple of days in Boston, Massachusetts, soaking up history and culture, and spending time with one of my oldest friends. I ate delicious lobster bisque in Fanuiel Hall


took a DUCK tour (the bus, a converted former military vehicle, takes you by land and *by sea* past some of the city's highlights)


saw sea lions chilling in a tank outside the aquarium


visited the U.S.S. Constitution (named by George Washington, one of the six original frigates authorized for construction by the Naval Act of 1794)


ate my first Tibetan food (yak dumplings)


took a Sam Adams Brewery tour


visited the birth sites of Presidents John and John Quincy Adams



took a trolley around Lexington and Concord (where the first battles of the Revolutionary War began -- the photo is of a statue of a Minute Man that is featured on the Mass. state quarter)


hung out with my friend during her new band's practice, and went out to dinner with her and another high school friend, followed by a walk past Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox.

And I did a bunch more stuff too...wow, and my vacation is only half way through! Now I'm on to Maine and New Hampshire, the plan being to play it by ear. :)

2 comments:

ABC said...

This seems like a pretty good trip! :)

Jasmin said...

Awesome pics! I want to travel there too! Hopefully, when I have time & more money to spend. HAHHA